21 Aug 2015

Update | GCSE Results


At around 9:30am yesterday morning I was running through the school gates, arm in arm with three of my best friends for moral support, just eager to get my hands on that envelop containing my long awaited GCSE results. It felt like everything was moving in painfully slow motion as I was handed the letter and tore open the top, fumbling around inside to pull out a piece of paper that would make or break me. The drama was real people!

For the past two months, before that moment, I lost count of the amount of times people had asked me how I thought those eighteen exams had gone and my reply in all honesty was always 'I don't really know' since I had spent the majority of the exams panicking that I only had five minutes left to complete ten whole stinking pages of questions or attempting to de-cramp my poor pencil mutilated hands.

However as it turns out all those months spent bent over my desk, studying text books and badly written colour coded notes actually paid off. That little piece of paper in my hand was telling me that I had passed all twelve GCSEs, achieving 1 A*, 5A, 4B and 2C. As I left with those results firmly clutched in my hand to treat myself to a Starbucks and slice of cake, I couldn't help doing a little jig. Yes, I may not have achieved the best grades in the year but I passed every single exam and reached the individual subject requirements to study them at A level! So basically I am one happy bunny right now and currently digging into a box of celebratory chocolates. Who knew being a geek could be so rewarding?


You lot have had to listen to quite a lot of my GCSE related stress here and obviously my studies and recent National Citizen Service programme which I took part in, has meant lots of time spent away from blogging and the internet altogether, leading to an increase in lovely guest posts which you can view here. And I can only thank you, my friends and family for being so supportive of me and my attempt to carve a path for myself in this world which is no easy task, believe me.

Currently I'm in the process of letting the fact that I actually passed maths- like really passed it- sink in as I finally unpack my suitcase, download the pictures I took and collect my thoughts enough to write a blog post about my NCS experience now that it is over. Those three weeks that I spent away from home seemed to whiz by and now I'm a big, fat emotional wreak about the fact that it's finish for good. It will be nice to find some time to sit down and write about it at the weekend, that's if the phone ever stops ringing with the constant stream of 'Congratulations' and 'Thanks a lot, I had a £10 bet on that you would fail everything!'

Ah, aren't family just the best? 
Love Beth xx





14 comments:

  1. congrats on your results you done so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww congratulations you did so well! Nice to get a little treat too :) http://minniemousechic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/skater-girl.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww welldone!

    Helenamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seriously tough but I'm so happy with the outcome x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your fab exam results! Enjoy the rest of the summer before you get started on those A Levels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could do with a nice relaxing break xx

      Delete
  5. Well done on your results! I felt the same way about passing maths and french, as they were my worst subjects! x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy that I actually passed both maths and french as they were just SO hard! I couldn't get my head around them.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your results. I felt the same way about maths! x
    http://lovingambition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much for popping over to congratulate me- it means a lot x

      Delete
  7. you did amazing, well done! i wrote a blog post about my results, although it's no where near as positive as yours, haha! x

    Becky | BCKY.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much- just popped over to your blog and gave you a follow xx

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.