14 Feb 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is like Marmite- you either love it or you hate it. FACT: The only people who hate it are the ones who are single. I am one of those people and I not afraid to admit that I think the day is a waste of time. 

Of course, it's lovely that couples can show their affection for each other, but it's become so commercialized. Flowers and chocolates for the girlfriend, aftershave for the boyfriend and worst of all, "I proposed to Jenny on Valentine's Day when we went out for dinner". How bloody predicable! Can't you come up with anything slightly more original? The one thing a man as to do and they fail miserably at it. Can't you lot do anything without a woman by your side? And yet we're labelled as the weaker sex. 

Yes, I am aware this has turned into some feminist rant, which by the way, is not a bad thing. 


Source
 I wish people wouldn't feel the need to invest is such a silly holiday. Your boy/girlfriend should know how much you love them just by the way you act when you're around each other. Everyday should be Valentine's Day in Lovey-Duvey Land. And if it isn't, then maybe you should start considering whether this relationship is ever going to work.


But mostly I think I dislike February 14th, because it isn't something that is celebrated or even recognised in my household. My parents don't normally make a fuss about it, preferring to celebrate their wedding anniversary instead because it has much more meaning. And I think that is adorable, as well as highly intelligent. Why celebrate your love for each other on the same day as everyone else in the world? I think my parents have definitely got it right, and I'm prepared to wait until then. 
 In the meantime, I have put together some of my favourite and most cutest Valentine's themed posts that I could find from around the blogosphere (everyone's gone love heart mad!) to keep you loved up, honey, pink and fluffy bunny people happy. Not that there's anything wrong with that: 

Nerdy Valentine's Card For Nerds Who Aren't Afraid To Show It

DIY: Heart Tipped Nails

Holly's Love Story - It's a cute one.

How To Survive Valentine's Day If You're Single

Flipbook Animation Marriage Proposals  - Now this is UNIQUE!

Red Velvet Pancakes With Whipped Cream Cheese

Slutty Brownie Sundae

Sweetheart Cupcakes - I'm so going to have to try this.

Queen Of Hearts 

10 Valentine Gifts For Her- I adore the 'What I Love About You' book!


And don't worry I won't be hiding away in front of Netflix all Valentine's day. There is no need to be ashamed of being single. It doesn't mean you're  rigid, just sensible enough to wait until the right person comes along! 



So, tell me about your plans for Valentine's Day?
Love Beth xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.